HFI Disaster Response Training Intensive & Registration
The HFI Disaster Response Training Intensive includes two days and two evenings of preparation for domestic service with HFI. The training is required to be qualified as a Hope Force Reservist - eligible for rapid deployment - often within 24-28 hours following a disaster event. The training includes live speakers, as well as teaching filmed exclusively for Hope Force.
The program covers the following topics to prepare the Reservist for the emotional, spiritual, and practical dynamics of disaster response:
- Identity in Christ for the disaster responder - Dan Sneed
- Foundations of emotional & spiritual care (ESC) - Dr. Kevin Ellers, Central Territory Disaster TSA
- Maintaining healthy & cohesive relationships in ministry - Dean Sherman
- Core principles for effective ministry - Dave Buerhing
- How to be an appropriate caregiver- HFI Staff
- What to expect when responding - HFI Staff
- Disaster Response Principles - HFI Staff
Upon successful completion of the training, graduates will be certified as Hope Force Resertvists, eligible for rapid deployment with Hope Force International.
The cost for the training ranges from $155 - $195*. This includes all training materials, meals - including dinner Friday night - and refreshments.
*cost dependent on location of training.
Please complete one registration form per participant. Please send your registration form and registration fee to:HOPE FORCE INTERNATIONAL TRAINING INTENSIVEATTN: REGISTRAR7065 MOORES LANE, SUITE 200BRENTWOOD, TN 37027
Upcoming Training Dates & Locations:
Batesburg, South Carolina - May 4 - 6, 2017 - Print Registration Form
Franklin, Tennessee - September 21 - 23, 2017 - Print Registration Form
To cancel your training registration, please contact the HFI office at 615.371.1271 at least three days prior to the commencement of the training event.
Extended Training and Preparedness:
We strongly recommend that all Reservists take First Aid/ CPR. Most cities or communities around the country provide thraining for their citizens in these basic skills. Hope Force also recommends at least two designated Salvation Army* courses following the HFI Training Intenseive course:
- Introduction to Disaster Services
- Training for Mobile Feeding Units and Social Services
- First Aid/ CPR (with certification)
*HFI and the Salvation Army have been national partners since 2005, and often work together across the United States and at times, internationally.
Come join us and make a world of difference!